Saturday, May 1, 2010

Back In The Saddle

For a few weeks after we found out the Minnesota birthmom was going to choose another couple, I wasn't in the mood to continue our outreach efforts. I didn't consciously sit down and think "I need a little time to move past this. I'm going to let myself heal for a couple weeks." No, I'm not nearly that self-aware or organized. =) But, it just sort of happened naturally. Whenever the thought crossed my mind about doing more things to get the word out... ugh. It just didn't appeal to me.

But, then something shifted and I was ready. Nothing dramatic or earth-shattering... I just woke up one day and putting an ad in the U of M student newspaper sounded like a good idea.

So we did.



Cool, huh? The ad will appear each day until school ends (6 editions total- including the "finals edition," which will be available all week for people to peruse. 5 days for the price of one!). It will also appear in the University of Minnesota- Duluth's newspaper next Wednesday. AND it's posted in the online version of UMD's paper at http://www.umdstatesman.com/classifieds/

We're famous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Keep moving forward.

By the way, I've posted comments (or so I thought) to your last 2 posts, and they didn't show up after I clicked "post comment." Ugh. Just want you to know I'm reading & being encouraging...

Hopefully this post shows up now.
-Betsy