Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dog Park Friends

Cody and I are creatures of habit. I come home from work, Cody races to the nearest patch of grass, hops in the Rav4, we drive to the dog park, and Cody whimpers like he's never been more excited in his life. Because we go around the same time each day, I’ve gotten to know some of the other people that frequent the park. I call them my dog park friends. As we pass on the trail we say things like, “Hi.” Or, “Hello.”

There are some dog park friends that I see everyday. These are the people that notice when Jonathan and I are babysitting another dog ("Who's this? Did you get a new dog?!"), when I hurt my knee ("Are you okay? You are usually such a fast walker!"), or when I take a trip ("You don't look quite as pale as the rest of us! Did you go somewhere warm?")

I giggle to myself when I think about what will go through their minds when I start bringing a real live human BABY to the dog park! Will they think back to the last time they saw me, wondering if they somehow missed my entire pregnancy?! How will they ask about who the baby is? WILL they ask?

Just something funny that I think about sometimes. =)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I miss you.

Ever since you shared this with me, I'VE thought about it from time to time and giggled. :)

Hope you had a great weekend in the Yoop!