Thursday, May 20, 2010

Have I Ever Told You How Much I Love My Husband?

I got a good one, you guys. A really good one. He can make me laugh even when I don't want to.

Remember how I mentioned in the last post that a pregnant girl said to me, "Oh my God! YOU are pregnant? You look fantastic!" I figured this would happen, but I still didn't respond in a very intelligent way when it did. I said "Yeah, I'm not. We're adopting." And then I mumbled something really witty like "Well I'm glad I don't look pregnant... since I'm not..." and then walked away really fast.

Jonathan could tell I was a bit rattled. When I went into the bathroom, I passed the baby off to Jonathan so he could watch him while I was peeing*

(*What? I forgot to explain this part? We were given baby dolls at the beginning of class and told to treat them as we would a real baby. Specifically, "You wouldn't leave your babies lying on a table, would you? Pick them up!" She said if we needed to go to the bathroom, we had to bring them with us or find a sitter)

So, back to the bathroom. Me, going over the encounter with the pregnant girl in my head; Jonathan, watching our plastic child.

When I was done using the bathroom, I opened the door and hit something. Something small. Something low to the ground. Something... swaddled? There, lying on the commercial grade blue/green/brown flecked carpet was our little wide-eyed baby. Waiting for me to hit him in the head with the bathroom door.

I burst out laughing and couldn't stop until we got back into the room.

That, right there, is why I love my husband.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha haaaa, oh I laughed out loud at that one! I love that you included the bit about the baby being swaddled.

You are lucky to have a good partner in marriage, because when your baby comes (which I pray every day that it will soon), you'll rely on each other even more. My mom always says, "There's a reason it takes two people to make a baby. It takes two to care for it once it's born." So true.
-Betsy

Anonymous said...

I love him. I laughed so hard, well, use your imagination!
Melis

Unknown said...

So,...Jonathan abandoned my grandchild out side the girls john and that makes you love him. I'm calling right now for an explanation.