Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What Were You Doing at 4:10 pm Today?

Me? Oh, not much. Just celebrating the fact that Isaac's ADOPTION IS FINAL!!

Woo hoo!!

Actually, "final" probably isn't the right word. I think that's what I'm supposed to say after we have our court hearing. But for all intensive purposes, he is ours forever. Lexie signed the consent form exactly 10 business days ago at 4:10 pm, so the just-kidding-I-changed-my-mind period has passed.

We celebrated by mowing the lawn, doing the dishes, and successfully putting a baby to sleep after only trying for an hour or so. =)

Now we are going to kick back, watch one of our favorite tv shows, and maybe even have an adult beverage of some sort.

As long as the baby doesn't wake up, that is...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So excited=) Love you guys!
-Melissa

Me said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad! :-)

Kelsey said...

Wait a minute.... I talked to you at 8:00 and you didn't mention this HUGE news!??!?!?!?!? We knew it was coming, but I still am doing a little celebration dance for you. Congratulations!

Geochick said...

Congratulations, it must've been a little bit of a trying wait even though you were pretty sure she had made the decision.

S and J said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations!! That is awesome!!! :)J

Crista said...

So awesome! Congratulations!

Laurie said...

What fantastic news!! Congrats mama!!

Mrs H said...

Congratulations! I'm praying for finalization over here and the baby isn't even born yet.

I'm so glad you're a "legal" family now.

Amber said...

YAY!!! I hope we can make it to that point with the next one! Congratulations!!!

Me said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I truly appreciate the support!!! Thanks for the advice!

messyjessica said...

Way to go Becky!! Congrats!!!
-Jess