Monday, September 13, 2010

This and That

It's been awhile! Here are some random bits of information.

1. Isaac is growing, growing, growing! He's 8 weeks tomorrow and already almost 14 pounds...! He's got the kind of cheeks you can't resist kissing ALL THE TIME. I think I would be embarrassed at how huge the number is if I ever counted how many kisses I give him each day.

2. I've noticed that there's no such thing as "just" anymore. As in, "I need eggs. I'll just run to the store." Or, "My closet's empty. I'll just do some laundry." Or, "I need a shower. I'll just take one." Jonathan and I find that we are still doing the same things we did before Isaac, they just take three times as long and lots of extra thought and preparation!

3. Sometimes I panic at how fast time is going. I am hyper aware of each cuddle, stroller ride, and small hand grabbing my hair. I'm nostalgic for things that are still happening =)

4. Isaac has officially moved into his own bedroom. Although it was helpful to have him right next to me in the beginning, it has been a good move for all. I didn't realize how much I missed sitting in bed with a book before falling asleep.

5. We had our first family camping trip last weekend! I will definitely post pictures, but that takes more time than I am willing to spend at the moment, so I'll do it later. Isaac was a champ. In fact, he LOVED it. I'm not sure if it was the waves or the cool weather, but he was in his element.

6. I am tired but deeply content. Life is good.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I constantly am reminding myself that "this too shall pass" proves true for both challenges and the sweet moments. It helps me feel grateful!

I'm so glad you're doing well!

Kelsey said...

1. An "embarrassment" of kisses seems like a good number to me, give or take a few!

2. I know you are a "to do" list junkie, so this is a hard transition! It gets a lot easier as they grow.

3. "I'm nostalgic for things that are still happening"--I love that. It so perfectly expresses what it's like to fall in love with someone.

4. I didn't realize this! That's wonderful... I bet you'll sleep a little more deeply (when you have the chance).

5. What a trooper. :)

6. When I look at you, you LOOK so deeply content... and maybe a little sleepy ;). You seem very much in your element.

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine doubling your weight in 8 weeks? Babies (and all human bodies, really) are insane creatures.
-Betsy