Monday, October 18, 2010

It Wasn't So Bad

Guess where I went today? Work! Yep. For eight whole hours!

And it wasn't that bad. =)

I was lucky to have almost three months home with Isaac. It was like nothing I've ever experienced before. Sweet, difficult, nerve-wracking, cozy, cabin fever-y, frustrating, exhausting, dreamy. Would you believe me if I said it's already almost one big blur?!

The anticipation of going back to work was much worse than actually going back. In reality, it was... comfortable. The substitute teacher and my teaching assistants did a SUPERB job while I was gone! Although I thought about Isaac throughout the day, I did not worry about him one little bit. He will be spending the days with one of his doting grandmas and I can't even describe the peace of mind this gives me.

Plus I know that each day I get to come home to my smiley (or screaming. I'm sure we'll have those days too) little boy, spastic dog, and husband who's the greatest partner I could ever ask for. Life is good.

6 comments:

Crista said...

I'm glad your first day back went so well. I am already dreading working up sub plans, etc. I bet those first "mommy's home" hugs are great!

Anonymous said...

Yay! So happy your first day back went well.

Jill

Me said...

I'm glad going back to work went well. I bet the last three months was wonderful! I hated that I only had four weeks with my sweet little boy! How is bonding going? Do you have any tips you can send my way??? Take care!

Laurie said...

Glad to hear it went well! I agree that the anticipation of going back is worse than actually doing it. I also remember almost enjoying my quiet lunches, the opportunity to (gasp!) use the bathroom without worrying about Lydia crying, and all of those things!

Anonymous said...

You're so fortunate to have a job you enjoy. When Lars was a newborn, I merely tolerated the job that I'd left, so I couldn't justify going back. I'm so glad your transition went smoother than anticipated.
Also, for the record- now that Lars is a toddler, (of course I cherish every day I get to be with him) but I feel FREEEEEEEE whe I get a night out to myself. With other grownups. Without a toddler. Ahhh.
-Betsy

Mrs H said...

I'm understanding the stir crazy. I go back nov 29th. I really like my job and my coworkers. Otherwise I would totally stay home. I keep putting off checking into Daycare. ugh.

Glad it went well!