Monday, June 21, 2010

Lady of Leisure

School ended on June 15. I start nannying on the 23rd. That left me with 7 summer days of freedom! I have used them wisely. Here are a few of the things I've done:



Relaxed outside my favorite Osseo coffee shop, Segue, with an iced chai and a good book




Lounged in a cute Adirondack chair on the deck of our new library. (It overlooks a little lake! A man-made lake, yes. But still a lake.)



Made the BEST CAKE EVER! (Butterfinger Bliss) Jonathan brought it to work... these are the slices he saved for me. =) I told you he's a good one!



Enjoyed Cody enjoying the river



.
Got hooked on the show "Weeds." I'm 6 years (?) behind the trend, but definitely loving it.



Savored a hand-dipped cotton candy ice cream cone! (Disclaimer: This picture is from the internet. I did not eat three ice cream cones. Although I could have.)



Watched a Shakespearean play "Troilus and Cressida" at the grand opening of the outdoor stage in Maple Grove. (Photo and acting courtesy of Cromulent Shakespeare Company)



Hunted down a hard-to-find bar on the Mississippi River. Jonathan and I enjoyed a beer or two on the deck. This was the view!!

And... I even took a nap! (I don't have a picture of that, because that would be weird.)

I LOVE SUMMER!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

So I saw this post this morning when I woke up and for TWO hours I've been thinking about that cake. And the iced chai. Seems like a suitable breakfast, right?

Laurie said...

We didn't get into Weeds until about 6 months ago. It's so good!!!

Crista said...

I just came across your blog and enjoyed it from beginning to end. I had to keep crossing the room to share Cody stories with my hubby. We can so relate (just patched holes in the wall our dog put there as a puppy)! On the adoption front, we are working on our home study and birth mother letter, hoping to be in the books when school starts back in the fall. I look forward to following your journey!

Andi said...

I like weed too. Looks like life is good.

The Nichelsons said...

Yum!! Would you be willing to share the butterfinger cake recipe? It looks ... yummmmm.... ;)

Ali