Saturday, June 19, 2010

Is your refrigerator running....?

Well, it's 4:31 in the morning and here I am. I don't even have a screaming infant to blame!

I'm up for two reasons.

1. It's hot.
2. The adoption line rang at 3:45 and buckets of adreneline were dumped into my bloodstream.

Not exactly a sleep-inducing combination!

Although the call was a hang-up, it got me thinking. In the three-and-a-half months we've been officially "waiting," Jonathan and I haven't gotten ANY prank calls. Zip, zero, zilch. That's pretty amazing if you think about it. Our contact information is really out there-- we are all over the internet and scattered across the country in various forms of fliers, adoption cards, newspaper ads, etc.

Let's face it, people. We are prime pranking material. Can't you just picture a high-school or (perhaps drunk) college student thinking it would be hilarious to call and explain how we could make a baby? Even I can see the hypothetical humor in that.

But nobody has done it! Even the hang-ups and wrong numbers have been few and far between. Maybe it's time to start giving my fellow humans a little more credit... =)

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Um, WOAH. Crossing my fingers that someone is slowly getting up the guts to contact you. :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was a test from a potential birth mom. She doesn't want just ANY parents for her kid, she wants the type who will get out of bed in the middle of the night & rock the baby back to sleep. Pretty genius test, if you ask me.
-Betsy