Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Woops

We had a baby in our house this weekend! No, we didn't steal her. (Although it is tempting. You should SEE her! You'd want to steal her too.)

My best friend since forever ago came to visit for one quick night with her husband and beautiful baby girl. (Melissa, I think it's been 17 years since we first met! Sometimes I don't even feel like I'm 17 years old, let alone have had a friend for that long!)

At one point during the evening, Cody was being especially wild and crazy, so I let him out into the backyard. We don't have a fence, but Cody usually listens well, so we're comfortable letting him out to do his business while we keep an eye on him.

The key part of that sentence being: "while we keep an eye on him." After I let Cody out, I got distracted and ended up wandering into the bathroom to talk to my friend while she gave her baby a bath.

About five minutes later, Jonathan looks at me and says "Where's Cody?" AGHH!! I left him outside! To run the streets! In the middle of the night! We both go tearing off, me out the back door, Jonathan out the front.

And there he was. Sitting on the front stoop, patiently waiting for someone to remember that he exists and let him back in the house. And my friend just laughs and says "That's what happens when you have a baby!"

Poor Cody.

4 comments:

jonathan said...

I was just hoping he would bring back dinner for us....

Kelsey said...

What a good puppy. He'll be such a good big brother!

Jake and Emily said...

Oh dear! :) What a good dog, though!

Kelsey said...

WOAH! What a pretty blog!