Saturday, May 7, 2011

Three Words

I can't blog-nore Mother's Day. (Hey, I just made that up! Get it? Like ignore, but ignore on a blog. Gosh I'm such a dork.)

And I don't want to ignore it. Quite the opposite, actually. I want to talk about how it's my first mother's day, about Isaac's other mommy, about my mom, my husband's mom, my mommy friends, those who are anxiously waiting to become a mom... etc, etc. I don't know where to start!

After sitting here and staring at the screen for much too long, I've decided to say three words about each.

My first mother's day: Blissful and bittersweet.

Isaac's birth mom, Lexie: Wishing her peace.

My mom: There for me.

My husband's mom: Raised wonderful man.

My friends that are mommies: Supported by you.

Those who are still waiting for their baby: Waiting sucks a@#
(especially on Mother's Day)


3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Three words for Isaac: happy blessed boy
For Lexie: thank you for making my best friend a mommy (sorry- couldn't make that shorter!)
For Nancy: selfless proud Grandma
For Patty: dedicated to Isaac
You: amazing amazing amazing.

I can only imagine how heartbreaking Infertility is. But it has given you grace, perseverance, and Isaac, and I love those things about you. Happy Mother's Day, friend. You are one of the best there are.

Unknown said...

God bless us.

Unknown said...

Or God HAS blessed us.