Monday, May 16, 2011

Learning

If you don't already know this, I'm an early childhood special education teacher. I work with a wide variety of kids, all of whom need extra support of some kind to be successful at school, in the community, etc.

Last Friday, one of my students looked at me and said something that made me very proud of him. This one little phrase demonstrated many of the skills he has developed over the past year. Here are just a few:

1. Using language to comment on his environment
2. Using a descriptor word
3. Demonstrating an understanding of an early mathematical concept (big vs. little)
4. Identification of body parts

What did he say? Well, he pointed at me and said "Big nose!" Other people have commented on my nose before, but I can't say I've ever been this happy about it... =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG..You are the best person ever!