Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm back! (Hopefully...!)

Ahhhhh. It's very comforting to see the Blogger interface again... =)

I didn't mean to take a break from blogging... it just kind of happened. Didn't have anything to say... then didn't have time... then didn't have the energy... then it's been so long, so it better be good... then no time... then BAM! It's been months since my last post! (A post which has been described to me as NOT an okay post to end on. The contents of a dog's vomit does not equal closure.)

So here I am. Slowly coming out of the fog of sleep deprivation. Isaac is many wonderful things. I can't even explain how much I not only love him, but ENJOY him. Every day I get to wake up and be his mommy all over again. Still can't get over that.

However. Our little one is not a good sleeper. Never has been. First it was the newborn thing. You expect not to sleep, so it's hard, but manageable. Then it was the reflux. That really, really sucked. I'm really only beginning to understand now just how traumatic it was. Then... I don't know. Just plain no sleep.

Finally, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Don't get me wrong! I haven't been living in despair these past 8 months. Quite the opposite. They've been the happiest 8 months of my life. But, I'm finding that happy and fully functioning don't always go together. Blogging was one of the many things that I let slide because I was in survival mode.

If all goes well and I continue to get more sleep and can keep more than one or two things in my mind at a time, I will be posting again. For now, I will leave you with a few pictures of the love(s) of my life.




2 comments:

Crista said...

So glad to see you back and LOVE seeing that cutie pie!

Unknown said...

I am glad that I have not missed out on the incredible last 8 months. I am glad you are posting again. XXOO