Monday, October 27, 2008

Who wants to hear a really REALLY gross story?

So I came home from work, opened the door from the garage into the basement and thought... hmmmm. Smells a little weird.

Then I opened the door that leads to the upstairs and OH MY GOODNESS. Cody had explosive diarrhea all the way down the steps. This includes the first set of stairs, the landing, and the second set of stairs. Oh yeah, and the walls.

And judging by the way it has crusted and bonded with the carpet, it happened at least a few hours ago.

It was THE MOST DISGUSTING (and yes, I know I'm using a lot of capital letters today) thing I've ever had to clean up in my life. And I worked in child care, so that's saying a lot.

Jonathan happens to come home conveniently after I have cleaned it all up, disposed of the evidence, and everything looks more or less the way it always has. But, all the windows are open (in late-October Minnesota weather!) and he smells bleach and various other cleaners, so he knows something's up.

After I tell him the whole gruesome story, two of the first things he says are "You should have taken pictures!" and "I'm glad you were the first one home!"

I suppose I can forgive him since the third thing he said was "Do you need a hug?"
*************************
Soooooo, anyone want to buy our house now?

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Oh nooooooooooooooooo! That's sounds like the worst day ever.

Cody, next time you're sick and you have to go, choose tile or concrete, NOT the carpet! (In the entryway no less!)

Rachel said...

Ewwwww.... Gus did the same thing in his kennel, and it shot out and got on my niece's stuffed animals and little couch. Oh dogs!

Anonymous said...

Ahw,ew, you poor thing. Just what you need after a long day's work. I guess Jonathan owes you about 50...right?
-Melis

Jake and Emily said...

I can guarantee if this happened at my house that my husband WOULD have come home before me, but upon seeing the "damage" would quietly shut the door & leave until he "conveniently" knew that I'd be home to clean it up.

I love that man.

Sorry you had to go through that. EW.

Anonymous said...

So whats this lively chat room I've been hearing so much about?

Anonymous said...

I know I just talked to you on the phone, but you realize that you haven't written anything in FOUR months...right?-Melissa